Monday, April 18, 2016

Eolake in the late seventies

This photo was sent to me by my childhood pal Povl (left). (We first met at age six or so!) His guess is 1979-80, to me it looks more likely to be around 1978, when we were fifteen.

Anyhoo, I'd long been achieving that beauuuuutiful hairdo or lack of it by just being inside my head and books and not thinking about it (how such an introvert was never killed in traffic is beyond me). After starting high school after the ninth grade, I did start thinking about it and went for a way shorter style, as befitted the imminent arrival of the eighties. Don't judge me too harshly, it was the seventies, maaaan.

Povl found the photo at his father's place yesterday. I guess his dad or mum took it, but neither he nor I has any clue or remembrance of it. Unlike my own father, who was photogenic as a sunset (I remember a photo when he was dead drunk, and he still looked great), I was not ever photogenic and couldn't smile at a camera. I blame it on hating being in front of a camera since I was a toddler, I have no clue why since I love being behind it. This time I was caught unawares though, clearly.


2 comments:

Laurie said...

Killer eyebrows... Hmmmm, quite striking, intense, bohemian, beatnik look

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thank you Darling.
You sure know how to hit my exact buttons. All my wanna-be's. :-)

Still have the killer eyebrows, but I have to separate them so people don't realize I'm a werewolf.

Many women have seemed to like me. But sadly the only ones who ever dare to let me see it are those who are either too young or too old. I guess because they don't fear men so much.