Friday, April 25, 2014

Fiona Apple - Across the Universe

Still one of the best Beatles/Lennon covers ever, and one of the best music video.

So many great ideas here. I like her serenely, almost apathetically, relaxed vocals. Serenity in the middle of chaos.
And I think it was made all in the camera, that can't have been easy to make without injury. And for Fiona to sing it without flinching.



===

I posted a similar post in 2011, but I don't expect anybody, least of all me, to remember everything. That post also had a kewl version with Dakota F.)

1 comment:

Russ said...

I saw Fiona about seven years ago in a small club and was truly impressed. Although I have to admit that I've always had a thing for female singer/song writer/pianists!

Although her cover of Across the Universe is well done, I prefer when an artist takes a cover and makes it their own. A good example of this is Tori Amos' cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit. I'm sure you'll agree that her interpretation is nothing like the original.