Saturday, September 01, 2012

Pogue's Hollywood Proposal

This is the cutest and funniest thing. Only David Pogue would and could do it.



(Dang, it seems that now you have to be a NYT subscriber to read the blogs. I was able to save the article within the last couple of days. NYT really goes back and forth on digital pay walls! Their prerogative, but confusing at least.) (Odd, sometimes the article stays, sometimes it's replaced by a Buy function. Wonder what's up with that.) 
--
OK, even though it has seemed so far that I am not a newspaper reader, NYT often has good tech coverage, so I decided now to actually pay them. And I started reading on their iPad app. Now, I actually hasn't found Pogue's informal blog yet, because it seems that oddly, the app lacks a Search feature (huh?). But still, as I was easily browsing through the newspaper on the iPad 3's super-high-res screen, reading articles formated well for iPad, and adjusting the font size to my liking (yahoo, read this, The Daily), I thought for the 100th time: "man, this is cool technology". This is what publications always dreamed of becoming. Frig paper, this can be read world-wide literally one second after it is published!  I am still in love with e-reading.

2 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

So adorable! What a lucky couple; I hope they have a long and happy life together...especially w/efforts like that made! ;-)

Pogue should go to Hollywood and direct some movies or write some screen plays; way better than a lot of movies I've tried to sit through!

Very sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Careful what you wish for, not so many have the talent and whim of Pogue, nor the knack for making much with little.